Saturday, August 11, 2007

I have a plan

This week I acquired an emergency plan. I've always wondered what I would do if I needed to go to work and Metro rail wasn't running, or what I would do if I was at work and Metro rail was unavailable -- say part of the time blew up or something. It would be along walk - about 10 miles.

This week I received a notification from DOE security that the Red Line was closed due to a suspicious package. So I decided to look for my alternative route. A look at the Metro web site showed an express bus line to the Silver Spring station. So that's my plan. Just for fun I tried it out.

Well, one important thing is to be sure and take the EXPRESS bus. Somehow I couldn't find the express stop and got on a regular bus, which stopped at nearly every corner. So getting the express is important. Otherwise it was perfectly acceptable and got me back to Silver Spring.

I have high hopes that I won't be on any trains that blow up. In that case my plans probably won't be worth much. But if I'm not then I'll be able to get home.