Way back in the 1980s when I started working what I really wanted was a Coach purse.
This was before the age of instant credit, and I didn't make that much money so I saved for several months to get $125 to buy a Coach purse. It was a light green and looked a bit like this one except it had a shoulder strap.
I had that purse about a week when I got mugged and the purse taken from me. Not only was getting mugged a scary event, it also kind of soured me on Coach purses. It was years before I bought a fancy purse after that.
However, I still admired them, and this satchel model was one I admired the most. It was even more than $125!
So imagine a month or so ago when I was wandering around the Internet and saw a young girl on a blog who was toting a "vintage" Coach purse. Darn if it didn't look just like those purses I always admired!
Being vintage, but wired I took myself to ebay to see what was for sale. That's where I found this purse. It's a Bonnie Cashin "slim satchel." I watched several for awhile but always seemed to be outbid. Eventually I got a feel for what they sold for and bought this one with a "buy it now."
I really like it and not just a little because I feel like I'm 25 again.
Do you suppose everyone who sees me thinks, "geeze she's still carrying around the same purse from 25 years ago?"
