Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Oh No! - Unemployment

It would be an understatement to say that the past few weeks have been stressful.

No sooner did I return from Scott's graduation than the reality of the April 2011 budget deal came crashing down upon ME.  I've been laid off. Ouch!

My group had 30 programmers and 22 were laid off.  I'm not going to date myself by saying how long I had worked on the contract, but it was a long time.

My last day on the contract was Friday.  In reality I'm not laid-off just yet, Monday I had a free day on Harris IT Services my employer.  I've been over and over their job site but there just isn't anything that's a good match with what I do.  I'm going to their office in Northern Virginia today and unless some miracle occurs I'm expecting to be laid off.

So here I am enjoying a cool June day on my back porch before I head to Virginia.  What does one wear to their layoff meeting?