A to Z of ME – courtesy of Allie at Wardrobe Oxygen Since I go my own way I didn't stay on topic or follow the format.
If you want to know how it was SUPPOSED to have been done click through for the proper responses.
A. Age – let’s just say that I was in the first grade when JFK was shot.
B. Blue is one of my favorite colors. I buy blue and white plates for cheap whenever I see them; when I have friends for casual dinners I use those instead of paper plates. Nobody likes a flimsy plate.
C. Cats – I love’em but they make me itch so I confine myself to talking to ones I see on my walk home from the subway.
D. D – My grade in Spanish in the 8th grade.
E. Easy – my advice for what to serve when entertaining is to choose the easiest item you’ve prepared successfully before. Perfect presentation is always impressive.
F. Fruit! Apples are my most frequently consumed fruit. An apple a day keeps the doctor away. At the moment Honey Crisp, which are in season, are my apple of choice.
G. My wardrobe has a lot of green. It’s about as close to yellow as I get.
H. My home is a place to live and not something that I normally spend a lot of time embellishing, although this year we have embarked on a kitchen re-do plus some floor refinishing.
I. I am not very interested in integrating my home and work life with a smart phone that would deliver work email to me when I’m not at work!
J. My son Jack is an amazing writer. He’s also a sports fan. He didn’t get it from me.
K. Kitchens have been on my mind this year, not for cooking but for re-doing.
L. Michael Lewis is an author I’m interested in reading. I read The Big Short this summer. After seeing the movie Moneyball I want to read that too. The Blind Side may be next. Oddly, all books on son Jack's bookshelf.
M. Mystery novels are one of my favorite genera of fiction. I like detective stories.
N. I have a new job, that’s really my old job. I was laid-off in June and re-hired in August.
O. Orange is a color I like. Someone once said it’s the new black. I love it with turquoise or with brown, or green. Never with black.
P. Improving my photograph skills is a priority. To that end I bought a smarter camera this year.
Q. I own several quilts. My Grandmother made one of them. I made each of my sons a quilt.
R. Running is not my favorite exercise mode. I’m a walker.
S. Slings and Arrows is a DVD set that I happened upon while listening to Fresh Air. It’s about as close to Shakespeare as I’m likely to come. It's so old it's available on Netflix streaming. I recommend it highly.
T. Too Big to Fail is a book that I am glad I read. I’ve heard to refered to as “Too Long to Read” and there is some truth to that.
U. I’m a snob about wanting things that are unique. Right now I’m dithering about a kitchen backsplash that comes from Home Depot. I’d rather have something that’s unique.
V. Virginia is my real name. I dropped it in favor of Ginny during my recent job search. A clerk in a store asked me how to spell it one time because she hadn’t heard that name before. My reply, just like the state.
W. I got interested in reading TBTF (see “T”) when I went to Omaha with my mother to see Warren Buffet. He has a bit part in the book.
X. I’m looking forward to extra company this Christmas. My mother and sister will be visiting and I hope to have my kitchen and living areas ready for use.
Y. Yellow is a color that I avoid, except in make-up foundation. As a solid against my skin I look like a traffic light. Mixed in with make-up it balances my skin tone out.
Z. Zebras and Cheetahs are not a big part of my wardrobe. I have a pair of snakeskin flats and that’s it.
