I'm back from a wedding in Rhode Island.
This is the fourth wedding I've attended in this branch of the family tree. The young adults are children of my husbands' cousins. He had 7 cousins who had children spread out over 20-30 years.
Back in 2007 I bought this dress to wear to one of the first weddings. It still fits. It has a sweater, which has come in handy because even though the weddings have been in the summer it's gotten chilly. Ocean-side weddings will do that once the sun goes down. I have never worn flip-flops with this dress to a wedding.
The dress is a bit longer than what's currently in style, but I wore it anyway. When you're 50+ at a wedding nobody really cares.
Here I am in the dress in 2012. I hadn't realized how much shorter my hair had gotten. I wore lizardy-point toed flats with the dress this time. The band turned out to be good, lots of Dave Matthews-type music and I wished I'd worn better shoes because they didn't stay on my feet very well.
Here are some of the not-yet-old-enough-to-marry cousins in 2007. My children fell into this range, but didn't attend this wedding. They were in college or just starting to work and had something more important to do.
The bride from 2007. She's not married anymore.
Some of the same cousins in 2012.
I wasn't going to wear a short dress as short as their dresses, so I don't think my too long dress made a difference to anyone.
I like to be able to lean over in a dress with flashing my thighs!
I always wanted to be Pirate.
The groom had a special batch of "Wedding Brew Beer" made up for the event.
With that Pirate sword around it's a good thing I'm not a drinker!
The bride, was lovely. The Rev. Mobby, who is also a Cousin, was the officiant. Her words were nicely tailored to this couple. The words that she said that hit a note with me were that the couple should remember in their married life, to forgive one another as God has forgiven us. I think you can't go wrong doing that.
After a luminious sunset the bright sunny day gave way to a dense foggy night.
Sometimes being married is like moving through fog. You know there is solid group, but it can be hard to see.







