Monday, September 17, 2012

Landshark!

I first saw beer cartons used as table organizers on vacation a few years ago.  Our camp picnic table is always cluttered with stuff and as a Minivan-less household space is at a premium when packing, so I remembered the idea. 

Salt and spice jars with grinders are the latest packaging fad and these cartons with individual slots are great for consolidating multiple bottles.

With my son staying with us this summer we had lots of beer cartons, and this one caught my eye. The colors are perfect with my kitchen, so I elevated the concept from picnic table to kitchen counter. This past weekend I took the carton with me while looking for backsplash tiles.  It's an inspiration.  A year after my kitchen re-do the painted wall is getting a bit spotted and it seems like backsplash tiles would be easy to clean.


 Sensing that my project is miniscule all the sales people ignore me.  Nevermind, I looked things over and thought about what I want.   I love the multi-colored scenes as  a border with the yellow tiles, bottom left above.  But I also like the glass mosics, top left above.  I've got another tile place in mind for next weekend, we'll see what they've got.