I'll finally have a brother (in-law). I'll also be a bridesmaid. That's two firsts for me - a brother-in-law and being a bridesmaid.
They have a romantic story. He spied her at church, Trinity Presbyterian, in San Carlos California, where she is an Elder. The Pastor, Mary, wondered if they'd be happy together and gave each a little nudge.
![]() |
| Raven & Rambling, aka Leslie & Bill |
You see, Bill belongs to the E Clampus Vitus, aka the Clampers. It's a men's group that likes to do historical reenactments, go camping and drink. Leslie is perfect for Bill because she's always liked costumes - women aren't invited on the camping trips so that's not a problem.
I know several people in the DC area who go to Civil War reenactments, complete with period uniforms, this doesn't seem so different, and nobody in the Clampers has to declare for the North or the South.
The wedding will be in Lawrence, Kansas where we grew up, in the same chapel when Dan and I were married - many years ago - over Thanksgiving weekend. I am looking forward to the wedding, we'll go for an entire week, and to meeting Bill's daughters and siblings.
I found this one at Boden in blue. I like it with the scarf. It hasn't quite been decided what shoes the bridesmaids will wear, maybe gold or a nude color.
There is a wedding dress for everyone, but they aren't always easy to find.
Leslie surveyed the wedding dress market but the perfect dress just didn't present itself so she's making a dress. The test dress, in a summer print has already been made and fitted.
At this point, two months before the ceremony, it's cut out. I hope it'll be finished before the day.
A good thing about a love of costumes is that you're experienced at making fancy dresses.
A hearty welcome to the newest member of our family - Bill.




