
One big change over the past few months is our house emptying out. First Jack returned from college and his brother Scott moved out. Then Jack got a job (yeah Jack!) and month or so ago rented his own apartment. Between these two moves we have more space.
I've been wanting to re-hang many of the pictures that came from Olive's, and have been looking at them to see what themes I see in them.
I have no idea if the paintings are any good, it's all about the subject and how it goes together.
The first thing is that the mats of the pictures were old and yellowed. I figured out right away that all the pictures were custom framed with unusual sized mats. So, an innocent, I went to the framing store.
Well, several hundred dollars later this is my first re-frame.

The top picture will be my second project. It's going to hang on a wall with other paintings, also of water, that have bluish tones. So I'm wanting to re-mat and frame to coordinate. This picture is set in Paris.