Friday, June 25, 2010

The Sweater my Mother Knit Me!




I've posted about the sweater my mother knit me for Christmas. She finished it up this spring. Today I was getting dressed and decided to wear this black skirt and all of a sudden I saw the sweater and magically it came together.





I like it with these sweaters better than over the blouse. The colors in the stripes are muted so the bright white of the blouse isn't my first choice.

I've taken it in at the sides since this photo. She knit the sweater in a medium but it was a pretty big medium so it needed some adjustment. 

I've had this short sleeved sweater from The Gap for several years. In fact this spring I bought another sweater from The Gap in the very same color, just with long sleeves. Although I like this color I think, after looking at the photos, that I need stronger lipstick when wearing it. My skin tone seems to fade into the tan/pinkish shades.


The beads are from Aunt Nancy. I never saw Aunt Nancy in this color but I like the beads with it.  One strand is a silvery gray, she bought these for $7 on sale because the tag was still on them. The other strand is a brass chain with little pearls attached. It's kind of modern, I've seen similar strands in magazines this spring. Both necklaces were in the everybody decided they didn't want them box and I picked them up.  Now it's looking like a pretty good decision.


All in all it was Lawrence day. Sweater knit by my mother, sweater-jacket purchased at The Gap in Lawrence, beads from Aunt Nancy.