For the uniniated this is the Colesville Road entrance to the Metrorail station in Silver Spring. The many bikes here attest to the popularity of a bike for getting to the station.
Although the station entrance is at the bottom of a hill, once you ascend the hill on your way home the area is fairly flat.
Carrying your lunch, extra shoes and commuting material demands some kind of backpack or basket, and there are a variety of baskets in this shot.
Some bikes are junkers, others are your run of the mill bike.
In the background you see rails and even more bikes chained to them.
This picture is near the top picture. Notice that spot in between the leftmost bike? That's where my bike USED TO BE.
I had the unhappy experience of getting off the train, riding the escaltor down, looking over for my bike and realizing that it was not there.
This is the second bike that has dissapeared from this station. Both were locked up. I love to bike, but I am not sure biking to the metro is going to return to my like anytime soon.

