Saturday, October 16, 2010

Word Challenge

I found this word challenge at a new blog I happened upon - Strangling my Muse. This particular challenge was tempting because of my fish experience at Dewey this summer -


Assignment – write something using all or part of these words:





fish, jump, friend, love, together,

orange, imagination, eyes, random, water,

pool, bowl, reality, wise, tail, tale, anticipation





My friend and I love walking along the shore at the beach together. The water washes up against our feet and the occasional tail off in the distance inspires our imagination about what swims beneath the surface. The random jump of a fish brings the reality of the ocean, a pool teaming with life to our eyes. Sometimes as we take in the orange-hues of the sunset we find shallows bowls of seawater and wonder what tale the living things in the water could tell us about their watery journey.

I gave myself 3 minutes to do it, so I didn't get all the words included. It was nice to think back about that break that wasn't so long ago.