Saturday, March 19, 2011

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme - II

Initial patio construction scenes
The patio is complete. My plans played out closely enough that we ended up slightly short of stone, but they had to go back and buy more stone dust.  Since I didn't want a lot of leftover stone dust this was fine with me.

Our masons - Rauel and Orlando were unhappy in the beginning - apparently they had not expected stones of different sizes and the area I'd planned out was a bit bigger than what we'd originally talked about.  Diplomatic Dan got this settled with a few hundred dollars, and work proceeded.




Work is underway, the first BBQ.
Both of my boys were home for Spring Break this week and Saturday Scott had a cookout to Cristina the new patio.

It's got us on the look out for a table and chairs so when we're cooking we can have a place to sit down.


I got a Pottery Barn catalog with lots of outdoor ideas recently and have been thumbing through that. In the meantime it's off to the Target website for ideas that I might actually afford:


A potential solution for the "where will we sit" problem
the completed patio poses.
This is a moderately priced set (<$300) that fulfills our ideal.  The table and chairs are metal mesh so they won't always be soggy from the last rain. 

I may only get two chairs.  This area isn't screened in and it's mostly a work area for BBQ and plant potting. I'm not sure that many people will be sitting there at once.

I would also like a potting table but I think, after looking at the Pottery Barn's rustic potting tables that I may be able to repurpose something I already own for that.  If I cover the top with galvanized metal who'd know that it came from my garage and not PB?