It is kind of nice to live in an almost empty house but with the holidays coming I do want to have my dishes available before too long.
The carpet for the stair is in the middle. It's a remnant. The loops have got a bit of gloss and I think it'll look nice in the dark stairway.
The blue that's half off the photo will go in the family room. It's commercial carpet. Since that room borders the kitchen and the sliding door to the deck it seems like a good place for commercial carpet designed for high volume and wet things. We sometimes do Yoga in that room and I'm sure it'll be soft enough under a mat.
Son Scott who has started his new job on Long Island is moving. He sent photos of his new place. (Yes I did just post photos of his first new place in May). I like the dark hardwood floors.
The bath with the subway tile is classic. It's very easy to throw together towels and rugs with a black/white theme. Although the kitchen is small it's got a gas range and a full-sized fridge. The landlord is promising some kind of island with some drawer so he's got a place to store his silverware.
He wants a Pendleton blanket for Christmas so I'm looking around at those. He's been trolling around home stores in Manhattan, I doubt this plain design (affordable price) is what he's got in mind.

