![]() |
| Good thing nobody can see my shoes. |
I liked this ad on a mini-storage place so much I decided I needed a picture!
The park, which is set on an abandoned raised railroad bed is fairly new. My husband bought these maps of NYC in 2001 and it wasn't shown, so I drew it in.
The Chelsea Market was our starting place.
When Law Student son lived in Baltimore he lived near the Cross Street Markets.
We had lunch there when we visited. There were fruit stands, a butcher, dry goods, a few flowers, bad chinese food.
We had a hot dog on that trip but we might have had a crab-cake or oysters.
He drove to Shopper's Food Warehouse if he bought groceries. The market in Baltimore was not a Beautiful People place. After all you are in Baltimore.
The market in Chelsea was a Beautiful People place. It was anchored by an Anthropoligie store where we admired the $30 dishtowels with applique lobsters. Sometimes I wonder at how I scorned the embroidered dish towels my Aunties used to create, now days they're tarted up a bit more and command $30.
I bought a new lipstick.
The stalls had flowers that were worthy of a design magazine. Although we'd had breakfast that didn't stop us from indulging in a Second Breakfast. The almond brioche toast was the winner. Rest assured dear readers, you will be seeing my attempt at this yummy coffee break treat! Cousin Katie, researching for her fledgling baking business, tried different cakes and cookies. The Carrot Cake wasn't very moist but most of the other goods were delicious.
There were a couple of kitchen supply places tucked in with the food stalls. In the spirit of baking I bought a new sifter.
| Vertical is the style in New York. |
As with most of New York it's a place where people go to watch people and to be seen. These skinny people don't look like they have lavish Second Breakfasts.
![]() |
| The weather was perfect. |
The park runs about a mile. We walked off our market snack and moved onto a fancy lunch.
It wasn't a trip for dietary restraint.
Stylish bird houses along the walkway.
Sometimes it's fun to go someplace, try the baked goods and pretend that you won't regret it next time you get on the bathroom scale. There weren't any birds who actually lived in the houses, they might just visit.
I can't wait for the weekend so I can try out the almond treat. A sweet bit for my lunch bag will keep the vacation with me a little while longer.





