Now that the tree is history I'm happy to announce that my one New Year's resolution is completed. My Christmas closet is organized. I realize to some it probably looks pretty dis-organized, but for me this is organized.
I'm happy to report I did it and only purchased two plastic boxes. Sometimes I think I get more enthusiastic about buying storage organization things than actually using them to organize.
You can see that I have a tall plastic container for rolls of wrap. It's got a lid that's more useful flipped over to hold tape and scissors.
Under the stairs is where it all goes.
For not-Christmas gifts I have a policy of gift bags only. I bought a whole bunch at a craft store and use tissue paper. If the spirit strikes me I'll do a little rubber stamping on them for extra effect.
Usually I'm dashing around just trying to get the gift wrapped so a bag and tissue constitute success.
The purple shelf is one of those assemble storage cubes that's cute but not all that useful, particularly now that I have fewer audio CDs. Two nails in the wall turned it into a shelf. It had been occupying shelf space so I'm happy about that.


