This is the tale of a pair of pants that were on sale. They're bright blue pants, similar to the ones in the Polyvore. I like that color of blue and they fit. I was just sure they'd go with something else I had at home.
Ha!
A blouse and a striped jacket later I gave up on them. Nothing worked quite right. Spring came and went, they were a little heavy for summer and ended up at the back of my closet.
Yesterday, contemplating a trip to Target, I checked The Budget Babe blog. She showed a J Crew jacket and a corresponding much-more-affordable jacket from NY & Co. I thought it was cute and there is a NY & Co. close to Target, so I stopped in.
They had the jacket in bright blue but I didn't like the fit. On my way to Target I wandered into H&M -nothing- then stopped in Macy's, a store I don't particularly like. For a store I don't like I often end up buying things I do like there. I'm not sure how that happens except that they carry clothes cut for gals my age. I suspect the fashion trade describes them as stodgy. Washington has that problem when it comes to fashion. They had a blue woven jacket, shown above, for about $10 more than NY & Co, and it fit better. So I bought it. I'm happy to say I have the blue pants, and a blue skirt so I think I should be good to go. I imagine my denim trouser patns would probably work with it as well. My office is not far from the loading dock and it's chilly until it's hot so I could be wearing a jacket like this several months in the Spring.
They had the jacket in bright blue but I didn't like the fit. On my way to Target I wandered into H&M -nothing- then stopped in Macy's, a store I don't particularly like. For a store I don't like I often end up buying things I do like there. I'm not sure how that happens except that they carry clothes cut for gals my age. I suspect the fashion trade describes them as stodgy. Washington has that problem when it comes to fashion. They had a blue woven jacket, shown above, for about $10 more than NY & Co, and it fit better. So I bought it. I'm happy to say I have the blue pants, and a blue skirt so I think I should be good to go. I imagine my denim trouser patns would probably work with it as well. My office is not far from the loading dock and it's chilly until it's hot so I could be wearing a jacket like this several months in the Spring.
Life is not all days spent near the loading dock! A girl can dream a little can't she? Maybe some fancy blue shoes or red wedges? How about a brightly colored scarf? My Bittar earrings go with everything so I couldn't leave those out.
It just goes to the point that bargain pants aren't always a bargain. If this doesn't work they're out the door for good!
