![]() |
| danger ahead! |
I've recent discovered Pintrest and have concluded that it's bad for my diet! I had to ramp back some of the brownies & bars boards I followed because they were too tempting! The marshmallow Brownies with Salted Almonds were a moment on the lips, forever on the hips.
In a more useful way it's good for, big surprise - online shopping. Is anything on the Internet NOT good for online shopping? I've had good luck pinning patio furniture I like then checking back to see if it's been marked down. If I'm looking at items across multiple sites then leaving things in the shopping cart doesn't work so well because like the squirrel who forgets where he left his nuts I'll forget where I had something stashed in a shopping cart.
I got the Basic model bar-height table with 2 stools. I already have some bar-height chairs, useful for seeing over the rail of the deck, so I didn't care that the stools are backless. Most likely they'll end up as footrests.
I've elected to keep some boards on Pinterest private. When I put things on a private board they don't scroll across the public space. No one will know if I'm amassing diet tips or potential purchases from Walmart or Bergdorf Goodman.
I suspect that retailers access the site behind the scenes because I have gotten emails that seem suspiciously related to recent pins.
Target had a table and chairs that I liked, but they're still $299, Walmart's have gone from $299 to $150. The reviews of the Walmart table/chairs are good, someone even mentioned "un-expected" quality, so I'm hopeful. I guess I'll be assembling this July 4th weekend.

