Friday, March 05, 2010

Weekly Reading



It's Friday and one of my goals was to get last Sunday's New York Times read so I'll be ready for next week.

The paper had a big fashion magazine this week and that in addition to my usual Sunday business, magazine sections and the daily Post resulted in a lot of subway reading.

So here it is Friday evening and I'm tearing through descriptions of shows, reviews of make-up and interviews with actresses and designers. For some reason if they put lipstick on a model they always use two colors and they each cost $18.

As I was turning the page I saw this dress. I'm afraid it's not very fashionable. It's not military, it's baggy, it's almost covering the knee. Just my kind of dress!

So I tore the page out and resolved to look up the web site when I got home, which I did. 

I'm not going to say how much the dress costs, but it's way out of my league. The intersting part was the brand - Babette. Even though the dress is ridiciously priced I clicked to see where they sell them.  Well, they sell them in Rockville at Kindred Spirits. A store in a strip mall with a Whole Foods, a Starbucks and a Container Store.  Someplace I just ate dinner last weekend. 

I think I must be an advertisers dream. Maybe if I'm back over there have a half-caff-skim-latte I'll drop in and see what I think about that dress.