![]() |
| Pointy Toed shoe |
Back in 2003, my Mom took my sister and I to Italy. I'd been to Rome with my family in 2001, but not to Florence. So she took us to Florence. It was a "girls" trip. Need I add that she paid!
![]() |
| The view of Florence after climbing more than 400 stairs. |
One major point in Florence is the Dumo. It's a church with a unique dome. You can walk to the top of the dome and it's got a fabulous view of Florence and the surrounding area.
My sister was having an problem with her leg so she had to miss the 410+ stairs to the top of the dome. My Mom and I made it!
![]() |
| Court shoes without the gym. |
Having bought them halfway across the world and having paid more than I'd usually pay for shoes I've proceeded to wear them sparingly, which means that I'll probably still be wearing them in 30 years. I love them with silky stockings at parties. I always feel elegant and dressed up when I've got them on. Even if I do look a bit like a leprechaun with the pointy toes.
![]() |
| Atop the Spanish Steps - |
Having climbed to the top of the Dumo and scored a pair of stylish shoes we headed back to Rome and then home again.
Here's my mom and sister at the Spanish Steps.




