LeAnn, the Pastor at St. Mark, had an excellent sermon last week. Advent sermons always addresses the waiting problem. It's very human to not want to wait for things. With the days getting shorter the tone of Advent is always dark, particularly in the first weeks. We've got various prophets predicting this and that and things are uncertain.
LeAnn's point was that what we're waiting for changes how we wait. It's easier to wait for things we think will be happy. Anyone who has ever had a biopsy and waited for the results knows how that goes. So, despite shortening days, rising unemployment, gift lists too long for available credit we can make the wait for the Christ child joyful, because we know the outcome will be good.
What set the sermon in my mind was that she referenced this song, but attributed it to Jack Johnson. I may be 50+ but I know who Jack Johnson is, and I've also heard this song, Waiting on the World to Change. It's not by Jack Johnson. I guess when you're a Pastor you can slip those little errors in to see who's really listening.
So we can joyfully wait for the change, in the form of a babe. He'll be here soon.