You may or may-not remember that I went on a trip about this time last year with my mother to Crystal Bridges in Bentonville AR. That trip was around her birthday and intended to celebrate her 80th. I'm not feeling quite as rich this year -property taxes on two houses due September 30 may have contributed to that- and anyway she's only 81, so I settled for a trip home without the side excursion.
We had a good time, went shopping, ate out, saw Captain Phillips -again!
By the time that Congress came to it's senses and opened the place back up, without defaulting on the debt -never a good idea in my book- I was satisfied with my decision. It was a relaxing week visiting someone I love.
My mother has a ceramic cat that sits under a glass topped coffee-table, eyeing the birds who flutter on the glass top.
Wednesday we went to the Spenser Art Museum at the University. This was from an exhibit of James Turrell, an artist whose work was created to make light the art. The exhibit included the quote, “Light is not so much something that reveals as it is itself the revelation.”
I found some light as art at the airport on my way home.
The weather was cool but clear and I enjoyed a big sky for my early morning walks.
It was an unexpected week off, and I'm glad I decided to do something instead of hanging around at home watching the news waiting for Congress to do something.